Subscription Fruit & Veg Box Service
We are over the moon that our new improved subscription service is proving to be successful and we have doubled the amount of subscribers in the last month. Thank you to everyone who has liked and shared and of course to the subscription customers! We love the flexibility and customers are able to order weekly, fortnightly or monthly. This means you can order exactly what you need which cuts down on unnecessary food waste.
All new subscription customers receive a FREE small fruit bag on their first order.
For the subscription service only, we’ve upgraded our Extra Large Veg Box and Extra Large Mixed Fruit & Veg Box to include a Surprise Local Product every time you receive your box. There are such fantastic local suppliers in the North East and we love sharing them. So watch out for a brown paper bag with your surprise product inside.
Bunched beetroot from the farm (Organic Pantry in Tadcaster) are back in abundance. We have red, golden, Chioggia and mixed. Make the most of them while they’re available!
Also Salad Onions a great addition to your salads!
Easy Beetroot Recipes
Roasted Golden Beetroot & Carrot (great as a side dish)
3 golden beetroot
3 medium sized carrots
2 garlic cloves
2 tblsp Olive Oil (try Theon Nectar’s)
1 ½ tblsp apple cider vinegar (try Dalton Moor Farm’s)
Fresh twig of rosemary
4 sage leaves
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 220ºC.
- Add whole beetroot and to a pan of boiling water with salt and cook until just tender. Remove and plunge in cold water – peel and chop to similar size as carrots.
- Carrot should also be boiled until just tender. The time may vary so keep an eye on them if you are boiling in the same pan as the beetroot.
- Add carrots and beetroot to a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, apple cider vinegar and add smashed garlic, rosemary and sage with salt to taste.
- Roast for 30 mins or until golden.
Chioggia Beetroot & Blue Cheese Salad
3 chioggia beetroot
150g Cropwell Bishop blue cheese
2 tblesp Olive oil
Fresh coriander or mint
Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash beetroot and remove tops and tails (save the stalks and cook separately if desired – can be used in much the same way as spinach). Slice finely – a vegetable slicer is the best way to get them evenly sliced. Slice crosswise to make the most of the beautiful pattern.
- Chop salad onions finely
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add sliced beetroot and salad onions to bowl and crumble blue cheese over the top.
- Drizzle dressing over the top and add coriander or mint – whichever you prefer.
Recommend a Friend!
Word of mouth is the best way to spread the word and we’d love to reward our customers who tell their friends and family about us. We’ll be giving you, our lovely customers, a FREE small fruit bag every time you recommend a friend. Have your friend put your name in the delivery notes section when they order with us or alternatively, contact us with their name and as soon as they order for the first time, we’ll know who recommended them. We’ll be doing a bit more promotion around this so watch out on social media.