- 1 organic unwaxed lemon
- 1 tsp honey (or other sweetner such as agave syrup)
- small chunk of ginger – peeled
- hot water
- Boil some water in a kettle and let it cool a little before using.
- Wash your lemon and cut in half. Use a lemon squeezer to extract the lemon juice and pour into your favourite cup.
- Pour the slightly cooled water into your cup and add a teaspoon of honey.
- Place your small chunk of ginger in a garlic press and squeeze the juice straight into our cup. (Alternatively you can steep the ginger in the water, but it takes a lot longer to get the intensity of flavour).
- Finally, cut a thin slice of lemon from the remaining half and add to your cup.