Butter Chicken Curry (Murgh Makhani) is a Northern Indian curry. However, having cooked it a number of times for family and friends we’ve added a few elements of Parsi cooking and created our own version.
This is a wonderfully smooth and creamy curry. Bright red tomatoes mixed with cream and yogurt give the curry a lovely warm colour, while the taste makes it a favourite amongst many.
(*Please note the contents of the pack when purchased are suitable for vegans. Cooking instructions provided below are a guide and the Producer may recommend additional ingredients which may not be suitable. Non dairy and meat alternatives are just as tasty.)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: approx 45 minutes
- Lightly fry the contents of the spice kit in one tablespoon of ghee (or oil) for two minutes.
- Add approximately 300g of chicken (or vegetables) and brown with the spice.
- Stir in 400g of chopped tomatoes (blended if preferred).
- Add 150g of plain yogurt (or non-dairy yogurt) and 250ml of single cream (or coconut cream). Stir together, then transfer to an ovenproof dish and cover with foil.
- Heat in the centre of the oven at 180°C/Gas 4 for 45 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Vegeterian/Vegan option: Replace chicken and dairy options with vegetables and non-dairy alternatives.