A crisp and spiced tea time snack, or menu starter
Pakora’s are a delicious starter to your meal, or tea-time snack. Use the standard ingredients of potato and onion, or add your own twist by including your choice of vegetables such as kale, cauliflower or spinach. If you want a spicier snack, you can add your own chillies too.
(*Please note the contents of the pack when purchased are suitable for vegans. Cooking instructions provided below are a guide and the Producer may recommend additional ingredients which may not be suitable. Non dairy and meat alternatives are just as tasty.)
Makes approximately 20 bite sized pakoras
- Pour the contents of this packet into a large bowl.
- Add a large tablespoon of melted ghee (or butter) and approximately 125ml of water to make a smooth batter. It should be just thick enough to drop off the spoon (not pour).
- Mix in one large thinly sliced onion and one small potato chopped into approximately 1cm cubes.
- Add other chopped vegetables as desired.
- Heat enough oil in a pan to deep fry (or use a deep fryer). Carefully drop
- spoonfuls of the batter into the oil.
- Fry until golden brown (about 3 mins) then remove with slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper.