Traditional Parsi Ras is a very light curry. Ras is very similar to a gravy-like sauce. Light, but packed with flavour. Often cooked with chicken and potatoes. It was one of our favourites, and still is. Great on rice, or eaten as a starter with warm crusty bread.
- Lightly fry the contents of the spice kit in one tablespoon of ghee (or oil) for one minute.
- Add approximately 500g of chicken and brown with the spice.
- Stir in approximately 150g of chopped tomatoes.
- Add 700ml of hot water and if desired, add par boiled, chopped potatoes and peas.
- Leave to simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
(*Please note the contents of the pack when purchased are suitable for vegans. Cooking instructions provided below are a guide and the Producer may recommend additional ingredients which may not be suitable. Non dairy and meat alternatives are just as tasty.)