Many Parsis will tell you that vegetables belong in the garden, not on a plate, but we grew up eating plenty of salad and vegetables with every meal. What I wanted to do was to create a curry with a flavour that would complement a range of vegetables that didn’t require meat of any kind.
This Parsi Vegetable Curry is a tasty curry which you can pack full of your favourite vegetables. Usually when we make it we use a combination of courgette, cauliflower, peas, sweetcorn and potato, but you can use whatever you prefer.
(*Please note the contents of the pack when purchased are suitable for vegans. Cooking instructions provided below are a guide and the Producer may recommend additional ingredients which may not be suitable. Non dairy and meat alternatives are just as tasty.)
- Lightly fry the contents of the spice kit in one tablespoon of ghee (or oil) for two minutes.
- Stir in 400g of chopped tomatoes (blended if preferred).
- Add 300g of any vegetables of your choice.
- Add 200ml of boiling water.
- Stir in 100ml of single cream (or coconut cream).
- Leave to simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked to
- your liking.
Serve with basmati rice and a nice warm naan.