Bring a taste of Marrakech into your home. This sauce is a blend of aromatic spices with a uniquely Moroccan taste and aroma.
This sauce is traditionally served with fish, however, no meat or dairy products are included in it’s contents so it is also suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Also delicious served with vegetables.
Serves 4-6 people
- Add the jar of sharmoola to a tin of chopped tomatoes, add some extra chopped garlic if desired.
- Drizzle with some olive oil.
- Cut the vegetable to chunks (peppers, aubergine, courgettes and potatoes).
- Arrange the vegetables in a pan or a tagine, cover with the sharmoola and tomato mix.
- Allow cooking for 1 hour but keep checking the pan (add a bit of water if necessary).
- Ounce all vegetables are cooked.
- Garnish with some coriander and serve with some fresh bread / couscous or rice.
NB: For the fish (any kind), use an an oven proof dish, with the sharmoola on the top and bake in the oven until fish is cooked, serve with roast vegetables or potato wedges.